Friday, November 7, 2014

Racism is for Whites!



I like to toss out a little snark here and there on the internet.   Recently, I posted on a story about Tim Scott, the newly elected (black) South Carolina senator who other blacks are calling an “Uncle Tom.”  

My comment was:
“Uncle Tom is a term used by black people to try to convince other black people that working, education, living well, and setting a good example for their children is selling out.”   People calling a successful black man "Uncle Tom" obviously want to keep the black people oppressed. How racist is that!

I borrowed the definition from Urban Dictionary.  Had I realized my comment would be so “popular,” (well over 1200 likes) I would have cited the definition.

That’s not the reason for this post.

There were countless comments in the form of discussion.  Some comments were directly to me.   One, from a guy who calls himself “REALTeeReaL” with a real classy picture of Cassius Clay giving the camera “the finger,” had a lot to say.  After I told him his comment was teeming with racism (you know, because he was saying white folks had no right to even comment on the article because we can’t possibly know what a black person thinks, as he spewed all the things he thinks white people say and think, like how we get behind closed doors and call Obama an “uppity negro,” though he’s sure they use another word.)  Yep.  He said that.  Then he actually said this:   

“As is the case when a Black person talks about race and how it effects them certain Whites will immediately say that their response is racist. Please refer to the dictionary and look up the word racism and racist, you will see for yourself that I as a Black person I can NOT be racist or that my stance on this issue is not "teeming" with racism.” 

Emphasis mine.   The bad spelling, bad grammar, and lack of punctuation is all his.  

No wonder America is going to hell in a hand basket.   There are people walking around, functioning in the real world who may be idiots.  Dude really thinks only white peeps can be racist, or more specifically, that because he is black, he cannot be racist.   I pointed out that being black or white means nothing; only his attitude makes it a big deal.   And that's the truth.  Attitudes are the only issue in the matter of skin color.  People have stinky attitudes.  

REAL-UnReal about came unglued.   Accused me of pulling the old “switcher-roo.” He also said I was doing the “Blanche Devereaux act” on him.   Yeah.  I almost think he’s really a white chick.  


PS:  I have ever heard anyone called an "uppity negro" especially not the president.  I think he (she?) made that one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your platform awaits...